The Ama Foundation is a grassroots 501(c)(3) non profit organization (EIN #36-4478880) that supports Ama Ghar, a permanent care home in Nepal for at-risk homeless children who have been abandoned, trafficked or have lost their home and family to poverty, drug/alcohol abuse or illness. We are 100% supported by private contributions – we receive no funding from any governmental, religious or other organized source, except for grant funding that we apply for when applicable from private foundations.
We depend completely on donors like you for our survival – please join our worldwide Ama Ghar family.
There are so many ways that you can help – and many of them are fun, too! Your gifts are all tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
- Click the DONATE button on this site and donate with a credit card. You can donate in a single sum or you may choose to make a recurring monthly donation that’s more affordable for you.
- Write a check and send it to Ama Foundation, PO Box 7075, Berkeley, CA 94707.
- If your employer has a matching program, find out how to ask them for a match to your donation – it’s a great way to increase your gift.
- Become part of our Support A Child program. For $2,000 a year or a recurring donation of $166.00 a month, you can provide full support, including medical care, dental care, school fees, school uniforms, nutritious meals and outings for one of our Ama Ghar children for one year. We will contact you twice a year with information about your particular child.
- Give a party! Large or small, fundraising events can be fun to attend and enjoyable to host. To keep it simple, just organize a hike, barbecue, dinner party or a children’s party – or you may choose to hold a full-scale event. We are always happy to support you if you’re not sure how to get started – just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use an online crowd-funding site to mobilize your friends for donations in honor of a birthday or other special event, or even to support your participation in a charity race.
- Use your imagination – the sky’s the limit! Contact us for help at email@example.com