Photos above: Sabitra and Badi love celebrating Holi and all other traditional holidays with their Ama Ghar family – your donations make this possible.
There are so many ways you can support the Ama Ghar children – and the funds that you raise make it possible for them to have a childhood and a bright future. Fundraising should be fun for you, as part of our family – and as we are totally dependent upon private donations, it’s also absolutely essential.
Here are some ways you can help:
– Have your own fundraising party. You can have a small event in your own home or a large event at a venue – no need for stress. We can help by sending printed materials and a link to our Ama Ghar video so that you can show your friends why Ama Ghar is special and deserving of support. If you want to go big, we’re happy to help you organize an auction, a full presentation or a musical group. Contact Communications Director Cathy Clifton at 520-255-3556 for more information.
– Use a crowdfunding site like CrowdRise, GoFundMe, etc. and get your friends involved. They’re very easy to set up and you can tell your own Ama Ghar story to get your friends involved.
– Check to see if your company has a matching gift program – and sign Ama Foundation up today! That way, anything you donate can have double the power.
– Run a marathon, walk a race, sail, ski, have a tournament – whatever sport you enjoy can be turned into an Ama Ghar fundraiser!
– Child-to-child fundraising is really meaningful, too. It helps to teach your children about helping others less fortunate, and it means a lot to the Ama Ghar kids to see that children in other countries are their friends. You can have a party with your child’s friends or your child’s school may want to sponsor one as well. Below is a photo from a wonderful fundraiser by San Francisco’s Moldovan Academy last year.
– Ask your friends and family to donate to Ama Ghar as a birthday, anniversary or holiday gift to you. Please let us know you are doing this via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send everyone who donates in your name a special thank you card from the children.
– If you have a new and exciting idea for a fundraiser, let us know how we can help, and be sure to take photos so we can share with others in our donor family.